2017 Race Rules:
- This meeting takes place under the rules of the IAAF, ASA and CGA.
- Athletes indemnify the national, provincial and regional bodies, sponsors and organizers of the race against any or all actions of whatsoever nature, whatever the same may arise out of their participation in the race.
- All athletes participate at their own risk. Athletes acknowledge by entering the event that they are medically fit to participate. All athletes must supply the name and contact number of their next of kin on both the race number and entry form.
- Licensed athletes must wear club colours and their 2017 license number back and front, with the race number worn on the front of vest. Licensed athletes who do not wear their 2017 license numbers must purchase a temporary license on the day or face disqualification.
- Temporary licensed athletes to wear plain clothing with the issued temporary license on the back of their vest. No temp licenses are issued for marathons or ultra marathons.
- Athletes competing for category prizes must wear clearly visible age tags of the appropriate size, on the back and front of their running vest.
- No seconding allowed.
- Foreign Athletes must provide a valid clearance certificate (from their country of origin and ASA) as well as a copy of their passport to the organizers and chief referee prior to the start of the event or on demand. Foreign athletes are not allowed to run with an ASA Provincial license. They are required to purchase a temporary license or face disqualification. Foreign athletes are not allowed to run in club colours (neutral kit must be worn) unless such club exists in their country of origin or they are in possession of a refugee status permit or are naturalised citizens of RSA. (Refer to IAAF rule 4.) Prizes will be withheld if this rule is not adhered to.
- Walkers competing for Walkers prizes (if any) must wear Walker tags on the front and back of their running vest.
- No blades, cyclist or mechanically operated devices allowed in the race
- No 2, 3 or 4 wheel carts/prams which are mechanically or manually operated by participants, or wheelchairs athletes will be permitted to participate without special permission has been granted from the race organiser. All such participants MUST start at the back of the field.
- No animals/pets are allowed to participate.
- Only South African athletes are eligible for team prizes. The domicilium rule applies.
- All instructions from traffic, race and technical officials must be obeyed at all times.
- Proof of age for prize winners is required and must be presented to the referees before prize giving. Prizes will be withheld until all the necessary details of the winners are confirmed.
- Only those who have completed all the information required in the race entry/number are eligible for prizes.
- No refunds.
- No earphones, iPods and the like allowed and contravention of IAAF rule 144.2b, may lead to disqualification.
- Athletes may not run with another athlete’s race number unless by prior arrangement with the race organizer.
- The race organizer retains the right to refuse entry and eject persons under the influence of drugs or alcohol, who are disorderly, or engage in inappropriate behaviour, vandalism or evade paying for admission.
- Athletes who participate without buying a race entry will be disqualified, will not be entitled to any benefits associated with the race and will be liable for a double entry fee charge. Habitual offenders (those who regularly participate without purchasing a race entry) will be called to a CGA disciplinary.
- Licensed athletes not wearing club colours may face disqualification.
- Littering is not allowed. Athletes are to dispose of any litter in appropriate bins. Athletes can be disqualified if they litter.
- 5km: Minimum age is 9 years.
- 10km: Minimum age is 15 years.
- 15km: Minimum age is 16years.
- 21.1km: Minimum age is 16 years.
- 32km: Minimum age is 19 years.
- 42.2km: Minimum age is 20 years.
- Ultra: Minimum age is 20 years.
To be submitted to CGA office prior to printing and/or going on line/the web.
The CGA office may take up to 7 days to approve your flyer, depending on our own deadlines, the number of corrections needed and other factors (such as loss of electricity, cable theft. Please bear this in mind when submitting your pamphlet/flyer.
We do not approve flyers retroactively.
- Name of organizing club.
- Date of race/s.
- Venue – including directions, GPS coordinates, physical address.
- Sponsors Name (if relevant).
- Entry Fee/s and any additional costs.
- Starting time/s and cut off time/s.
- Date/ time from which entries will be accepted/no longer accepted.
- Pre-entry closing date (if relevant).
- Temporary license cost.
- Enquiries: name and telephone numbers (not just an email address).
- Prize Giving time and full prize list (monies, medals).
- List of handouts to all athletes (if any and stipulate numbers e.g. first 500 finishers/entries etc).
- Full prize list to be paid in cash.
- Maximum prize monies must be within ASA limits.
- Reflective material is compulsory for all night races/events.
- Results – where and when available.
- Tog bag areas are very important to athletes. Please where possible make provision for one (which is also safe and easily located).
If an official Walkers race is being held on the same day/same course, then a separate start time for such a race is required. Additional Walkers refs are also required.
Point-to-point races are logistically more complex, require transportation to be available and are more costly. Please bear this in mind should you be hosting such an event.
Please note that clubs hosting races are obliged to pay the prize monies regardless of whether you make a profit or not [Note: athletes expect to be paid on the day of the race at the official prize giving, clubs must make financial provision for this].